What a weekend.
1. Great of the CXBL to have a "true tournament weekend." Joing th MXL and CXBL together for the last event was great. Lots of players and spectators made this event the best the CXBL has offered in the western series. If this is the way the events will be run, more teams will want to get into this league. Games ran on time, reffing was good, organizational was good. Conflicts arose, but how the CXBL handled them shows they have have experience behind them.
2. Xcalibre field. What can I say but wow, wow, wow. I would say from my experience, this is one of the best speedball courses in Canada. 2 preimier Xball fields, all to regulation size. Large bleachers on both fields, shaded area for when it was hot. Large pit area to setup and shaded from the elements. Free camping and security at the camping area if any problems arose. Large lights to light the area. Free shuttle service from the camping area to the playing fields. They had 5 golf carts transporting players where ever they wanted to go, so walking in the heat was not an issue. Hot food available at the site, opened at 6 am and stayed open until dark. Great food and you didn't have to drive anywhere to get it. Players party on Sunday night for the players that stayed over. Live band played on Sunday. Walter and his staff went out of there way to make this event one to remember.
3. Competition. This weekend many games were decided by 1 or 2 points. Many teams improved from the 1st event and brought their A game to play. The field layout provided quick points and fast moves. Props to Prevail for holding on and winning the event. Should be a good time at World Cup.