Thread: Equalink

Equalink

anyone have a equalink that they could upgrade my timmy was board with?
    ill pay you in.... money
    Because winning is more fun
    yaya dislocated knees rock

is looking for one aswell.

just as a thought. But i think a paintball company is too small to create and own their own serial cables. Maybe look to see what connectors they use and buy the cable your self for cheaper, or maybe find what parts you need and make your own cable.

i tried finding the electronic schematics already.
    i had no luck
    i could always get the connecters and rewire them until it works lol

i tried and tried and tried to find the actual method to build an equalink cable. It's not out there anymore. Your best bet is to find a few ppl that want the cable and to pool some cash together to buy one

and then fry your board LMAO. I guess some one highly experienced in electronics and that portion of stuff could figure it out, but for one cable i guess its not really worth the trouble... and they want an outrageous $50USD for a CABLE!!

actually they are really easy to make from what i've heard. the hardest part is wiring the serial portion of the cable that connects to your comp. but i havent been able to find directions on how to do it. i'm sure that if i had one sitting in front of me i could make one. but the only ppl in edmonton that own them dont lend them out.

there are only like 5 things to buy and all can be found at an electronics store.

what do you need? A serial cable? I got tons of serial cables at home. Used them to program satellite receivers.

i got a bunch of serial cables also. we could easily try connecting it through trial and error of the connection point on the serial end. the 4 pt connectors for the board should be like $5 at radio shack or other electronic parts store

edit: trial and error may fry the board?? im not too sure on this

i heard it was a bit harder to make one, becuase WAS equalink cables had a small circuit board in them limiting how much current was actually put through the board from the computer, and that circuit board is apparently proprietary to WAS. i may be wrong though.

ps. trial and error? bad idea. you never know what connector pin might have power to it, and you dont want to send unwanted currents through your board. :l

pitman (broken_halo) is pretty good with electronics, i bet he could put one together.
    One18
    Hi Octane

Exalt, PBL, Field6 Photography

Paintball Action Games

lol im not good with electronics im the king of trial and error. i have a basic understanding electronics and the rest of the crap i pull off is straight up fluke.

no was does not have a computer chip in them but there apparently is one hard to find part a guy in the states built several cables just because WAS tried to say you can't build them you have to buy them. Jim Drew then proceeded to threaten the guy with a lawsuit but really had nothing to go on because the parts are all commercially available and there's nothing he could do about it.

if you're willing to test this out on your board let me know how it goes.

the was cable does have a circuit board in the serial portion iirc. I'll open mine up again and look
    Peace, Love and Paintball
    Yellowknife eXposure

yea but im pretty sure you can buy the board commercially. it's just a board that acts as a step down transformer or something. if im wrong.... well then im wrong. like i said i know nothing about electronics.