Thread: Color dying bolts?

Got the gunwhore disease BlueBomber's Avatar

Question Color dying bolts?

I was wondering if it's possible to color dye marker bolts. I have a white delrin bolt on my LPM and it sticks out like a sore thumb behind the black to blue fade. Is it possible to change the color of it? If so, can you give me instructions?

Too hard to find replacement/aftermarket bolts for ICDs.

Thanks!

Purple People Painter angie007ca's Avatar
    If you go to walmart or zellers you can buy a product called Rit Dye. It is actually a clothing dye, but it works well on plastic, rubber and acrylic. I've never tryed delrin, but it would probly work. You just boil some water (use a stainless steel pot), when the water is boiling put it to simmer and add the dye, then place the bolt in the water and dye and stir it every 10-15 minutes until it is desired darkness. It does take a while, probly at least 1-2 hours to soak in. After it is dyed, you rinse it in COLD water. Some of the color will wash off, but most of it won't. If it is still not dark enough, put it back in the pot for longer. You have to be careful not to make a mess, the stuff stains pretty good! Keep a spray bottle of bleech/water to clean up spills. This is how I dyed my pump parts purple. Hope that helps!!

My hubby has a Lasoya promaster too, he has the same white bolt! lol.

rit dye from walmart, its right beside all the Tide and laundry detergent aisle, "usually". Anyways ive done many bolts with it and yellow, green, blue and red work well, although black always seems to come out brown ive never tried it a second time though so yeah easy cake takes half a evening to pull off
    One18

hmmm.. sounds like an idea

if u want black get the royal blue and leave it in for along time... i did it with my infamous timmy bolt... just be carefull... u may want to take it out every 10 mins so then u dont over heat/swell the delerin to much

cool thanks everyone. How much does the rit dye cost?

$2 to $3 a box I think. it's pretty cheap
    www.sniperbob.com
    Four wheels move my body. Two wheels move my soul!

yeah about that you can also get a decoloring one as well... and u and expirement with that and putting something like mineral oil on the bolt to make custom designs

oooo, so I could give it the same black to blue design that's on my gun?

Depending on what u are looking to do... if it’s just a fade u can just start off with the part that u want the darkest and leave it in the longest. Then vary the time that u have the bolt in the dye.. or u can use hot glue to make designs on the bolt so then the parts that have the glue will remain with... looks very kool if done properly

nice thanks

good luck with your bolt. Tell me how it turns out, I may dye Darren's LPM bolt for him (If he wants me to anyway! lol)

hey, this is probaly a stupid question, but, can you do the same thing with the timmann A-5 stock case?
    Last Man Standing (=L_M_S=)

probly if it's not aluminum or metal. Just as long as it is plastic, rubber or acrylic. I'm not sure what an A-5 stock case is tho...sorry.

lol I'm gonna have to wait to do the dye. Lassy is being problematic again. I'm having it shipped for repair.

tell me how it works out after you do it, im thinking about dying my timmy bolt blue:P
    edit: there should be a thread on pbnation under the intimidator thread aobut dyeing bolts, i think it seen it there before

I think he means a5 reciever, you cant dye those, if not, im not sure what the hell he means.