Thread: Different Fields And Prices

TheNativeMan

Different Fields And Prices

Im really sick of all these fields charging like 120-160$ for a box of paint i just dont understand it.... how much profit do u guys have to make considering most kids that play this sport are between what... like 16-22 they dont have that much cash and the ones that do... well just thank mommy and daddy for that i worked very hard to own the equiptment that i have and even by todays standards its just meh im sick of these high prices for paintballing .. one place that i will admit that has very reasonable prices is they are great only like 60$ for a box of paint... basic yes but good works just as good as the expensive **** ... and the field costs their for gun owners are very reasonable so someone explain to me y other places charge so fricking much..

I guess they feel their field offers things that others don't and that people want to play there and will pay the prices they ask.....why do some clothing manufactures charge so much for a pair of jeans...cause they are all just jeans right?
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!

Poster
    Employees need to get paid, power bills, phone bills, water bills, property taxes, loan payments, advertisements, suppliers and I suspect there is more but i don't own/run a business.

And the quality of paint does make a difference. Your $60/case paint may work for you, but you get what you pay for. Cheap paint may have flat spots and may have different sizes in one bag because it is a mix of paint that may not meet the specs for a type of paint or is left overs from previous batches.

I don't even raise an eyebrow at the price of paint any more, I buy the best paint I can afford. The big reason is consistency, if the balls are the same size and shape then I can hit more people.

I will point out that at one time paintballs were 25 cents each.

Paintball is not a cheap sport, the price of equipment is what it is. Deal with it or go play lazer tag.

Have you been to PAG ??? you can get good paint for 80-90 a case and decent paint for like 65 or 60
    05 Mantis EGO,45/4500 PE Tank,Velocity Hopper

If you cannot afford to play don't, do you think that maybe these people who operate fields may have expenses? How much profit do they make off a case of paint do you know? You should stay at the field you are happiest with, and don't go to the others that you claim charge to much. If you understood business you wouldn't be making such statements. Sell your gear and take up bowling.

Most of the fields that charge high prices do so out of necessity as they do not move as much volume as the larger fields. They have set margins due to overhead (cost of land, employees, insurance) and regardless of what you can get at a larger field the price is set. You don't like it go somewhere else. There are plenty of fields in the Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary area that have very reasonable prices on gear and paint.

To put a different spin on it compare the prices at Walmart to that of any store in rural Alberta. Walmart operates on mass purchases. Do you think a manufacturer would give a better price to a company purchasing 100 cases a year as opposed to a company purchasing 1000.

Business is business and most places are not out there to gouge people. The ones that are usually aren't around for long which is evidence of the four fine fields that I am aware of in yearly operation in the Edmonton area.

As for paintball being expensive show me something that you enjoy that doesn't cost money. It does cost less than it did as some one already pointed out.

I hope this helps you understand a bit and was not meant to give you grief about it.

I Shall Return ! ! !

Cool

LMAO......You complain about this sport being expensive...Have you ever put a kid thru even one season of hockey?..When was the last time you went to McDonalds, you think the Big Mac REALLY costs that much...Businesses need to make money to stay in business or what would be the point...If you don't like the prices then go play checkers.......Man I hate whiners......

go play ping pong, cheaper and you still get an adrenaline rush

I used to play at Weekend Warriors in Olds before i moved up north here and they charge only 60 per case for RPS Premium and 55 a case i think for stinger(right from the site) and they have awsome fields

play pump....

lol ya that would be a cheap alternative after you buy a pump marker

Canadian
    Yea you should go for pumo, thats what I did, Same rush(maybe a bit different) and a heck of a lot cheaper for cheap *** people like me

Pag has great prices for the quality of paint that they sell. and everyone is always open fro questions and gun tech. i dont know about you guys but from all the differnt fields ive played at this is tops. especilayy for customer service.

4seasons
    Theres a field that holds nerf ball games you should try that.

I think that was urban, and it isnt a regular thing, I dont think.

I ma probably the biggest cheapskate of all around here, I NEVER buy myself a box of paint, I always split it when I have to buy a case, 75% of my gear is second hand, witch I upgraded myself at little or no cost. I find 45$ a case at too expensive for my tastes, but, I still go and play, and Giv 'r Balls. If you dont like case prices, dont shoot a case of paint a night, and then you wont have to buy one, they do sell them in smaller quantities of rounds.

I really hope you dont act this way on the field, next youll be angry there isnt enough chairs at pag, or he has a better one or something like that.

Speaking of chairs, mines made by a bunch of 1" by 2.5 and 3" boards glued together with caulk, crack sealant and carpenters glue, ontop of a swivel base, and im not complaining, so dont even try to be angry that a sport is expensive, because all sports are. (Well, maybe except chess.)
    Last edited by Mod69; 02-09-2007 at 09:27 PM.

if some one charged me120-160 for a box'o paint, i would keep my pimp hand strong!
    ya pag has mazing paint 4 like 60-70$
    ANY OF YOU PUNK *****ES WANNA FIGHT? PM ME.

TheNativeMan
    this is awsome i didnt think i would get this kinda response i was kinda just rantin but jezz thats frickin sweet never thought this many people would ***** at me sweet guys keep it up and ya im wrong but y not cause some **** eh ... am i right o and ya i did paly hockey 2 years in a row i put myself through it and yes i kno its much more expensive hah have a godo one guys and thanks for the enertainment