Thread: Polished internals n e one?

kru_2k

Question Polished internals n e one?

N e ways I have a tippmann 98c with alsot everything revamped or soon to be . I see that people post about polished internals and well I am not a noob but I have not really looked into that. So what are the advantages and how do I go about it. Thanks.

This is my gun incase that helps n e?!?!
    COLOR=SlateGray]Tippmann Model 98 Custom Silver[/COLOR]
    -Ricochet Apache
    -Tippmann CAR Collapsable Stock
    -DOP Rocket CockII
    -Tippmann Double Trigger
    -GTA Expansion Chamber
    -Response Trigger
    -14" J&J performance Ceramic Barrel
    -Tippmann Flatline
    -32* Starfire Bolt
    -Maddmann Spring kit
    Getting a DOP proseal power tube cause mine is cracked. As well as a Titanium hammer
    Last edited by kru_2k; 04-18-2005 at 12:22 AM.

Hyshka
    polished internals pretty much eases up on the wear of your front and rear bolt...when its done properly, basicly smoothes everything out alot more than what they come stock.

what i did was used steel wool the first time, i dont think i'd recommend that though cause it took me like a week to get everything done that way and it wasnt even done that good.

my neighbor, who is a hobbiest told me to get some wet/dry sandpaper or emory cloth, it did that and i just got a pack of 3 grits 50/80/150 and it worked excellent.

its on the model98.net website under the mods section, its a great website for peeps with 98's.

kru_2k

Ok

THanks

kru_2k

Exclamation Dremel? Mag polish?

I also heard people saying taht they used a dremel and special buffing disk specials ment for that kind of work and aluminum mag polish. Does that work and also I was wondering since the front striker is derelin or w/e and the back on i'm getting is titanium which is really smooth can't i just do the sides,Yes i know that you shouldn't take of too much or you run into a lack of sealing problems but would that be a better idea? Thanks.

Hyshka
    i dont know about using just the polishing pads on a dremel, but a buffing one might work...personal i havent looked at much of the dremel pieces, so i wouldnt know what to buy.

also..what do you mean about doing just sides of it?

--hyshka

kru_2k

2 Sides

Well a tippmann is assembled in 2 halves with all the parts in them and the bolts keep it together...not like a spyder where it is one solid piece..i'm talking about the body or frame of the gun. I don't mean to insult n e ones intellegence by this but I wanted to give the main idea. N e ways just polsh the 2 halves where all the part slide along sine My hammer is going to be a titanium hammer and also the front bolt or striker is that derelin stuff. SO really they don't need to be done.

Hyshka
    actually, even if you have a titanium hammer, i'd still really reccomend it, and if your front bolt is stock, then it isnt delrin, its made of a type of plastic, and is not self lubricating.

every 98 custom, no matter what setup should have polished internals, smoother operation, plus..you get it to look all shiny inside.

--Hyshka

kru_2k

Halves though?

Well ok but wouldnt polishing the sides help???

Hyshka
    polishing the sides(the inside of your gun) is the internals...and yes, it does help.

--Hyshka

Learnt my lesson. Don't use soap when BTM CBiskit's Avatar
    Krulness, that bet we made about your Tippmann going a steady 20bps is still on.
    The HIDRC Member #6
    ceebiskit@gmail.com

Colin you're so out some money dude...

kru_2k
    Umm it was 18 but ya its still on with dan and one other guy not everyone in the world. Hyska thanks by the way.

Hyshka
    maybe 18 with an rt...but other than that youd have to so a ton of modifying on an e-bolt or somethin.

--Hyshka

kru_2k
    Ya for 18 not 20 and only for 2 people not everyone

Actually I've seen in a forum people getting 21bps on a super rt...

kru_2k
    HA SO SCREW U unbeleivers... thanks dondon u made my tippy life and what forum was that and where?

it's model98.net tons of mod there... u can get super rt just get the lp hose and fittings included i think from tippmann.. i believe they send them free if u tell them u just got lp kit and your rt won't fit and needed the lp hoses n fittings.. good luck..

kru_2k
    lp?

low pressure = lp

kru_2k
    Got it.