Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump Tourney Survey

Pump Tourney Survey

hey guys I am starting plans for a pump tourney hosted by QFA.

here are some inquiries i have.

first off registration fee, this is a strong factor on what can be given for prizes.

we can have a nice low registration fee and play for small prizes and bragging rights

or

we pay more and play for a 3 man Phantom package or something.

I am in strong favour of the Old School Challange style and play with a limited paint (40 balls per player per round) rule. becoming a OSC affililiate is a strong possibility. we'll see.

any questions or comments post em here and we'll see what comes out of this.

thanks guys.
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

I'm for anything. I say have it be a decent sized entry fee cuz the field isn't going to be making much on paint. Heck a good tourney is a good tourney cuz of the way things are run and the participants. Great prizes are a plus but you know that we play paintball mostly for the rush, tales of glory and pwnage and yes...bragging rights.
    Last edited by Johnni; 06-08-2005 at 11:06 PM.

ya having a pump only tourney is prize enough.. but i want to hear from the greedy people too. this tourney or the following tournaments have a strong possibility to be sponsored.
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

But a lot of the pump guys around here are cheap old buggers like me

I've been thinking about this, and I'm curious how well a tourney would do.
    The main reasons that pump has been thriving here are:
    1. The Relaxed Attitude
    2. It's fun
    3. It's cheap
    4. The Relaxed Attitude

A tourney has the potential to disrupt several of those. That's not to say that a tourney wouldn't work, it also has the potential to be great, and a nice change of pace.
    But if I were to organize an event, I would try and stick to what everyone has loved about pump. Also, if we're "old school" then let's have an old school type of event.
    Cheap entry, prizes are small trophies of some sort and bragging rights. Have a raffle at the end with some prizes that have been donated.
    Which ever field hosts this, isn't going to make any "real" money from it, they should be doing it to promote this type of paintball.

Other things that could be fun, is DRAW teams. Everyone shows up and teams are drawn out of a hat. Keeps it fun and un-stacked. I've been at events like this. Makes it interesting, keeps a relaxed attitude and has the potential to make new friends.

Just some random thoughts...

I think anything would work: the high entry fee would actually give the field some income for that day (probly like 1-2 cases among everyone) but, they could just sell 12gs, and make a LOT of money that way, since most dont carry them, the old school challenge im kinda on the fence about, and the random teams idea I like, since theres no stacked teams, and since im the only player I know thats a pumper

also, would this be bushball or speedball field?
    Last edited by crispy; 06-09-2005 at 01:19 PM.

speedball of course

Hyshka
    i'd prob be in for whatever, and i like the draw teams idea. i only know 1 guy with a pump.

i dont wanna draw teams lol...i wanna play with MY team mates.. hehe

Raffling prizes after the tourney or getting prizes for the teams who placed both would be fine with me...like what they did at the QFA Big Game..
    that would be great IMO.
    Last edited by sharpy; 06-09-2005 at 04:30 PM.

Sharpy, wouldn't Team Incognito be reffing?
    Or are you guys going to play in a toureny you organize...

i dunno LOL refifng would be cool too!! (i wouldnt wanna be the person keeping score tho..) lol

i can see how people may think its unfare tho, especially since we have 2 teams, (2 teams for 3 man)

i just wanna play a pump tourney hehe, and there aren't many of them around here, and we'll most likely be the ones organizing them (unless there are other people who organize them that i dont know about) so if we're starting pump events, and no one else is...its sort of crappy for us since we're IN LOVE WITH PUMP and cant play.(not saying we're the only ones.)

and the very last thing we'd wanna do is start a pump tourney that there a very few of around here...and think people its "Fixed"

(sorry if i didnt explain that very well, if i didnt, then someone else will explain it haha)
    Last edited by sharpy; 06-09-2005 at 04:45 PM.

It would rock to have a pump only tourney.
    It would be nice if some other organization set it up, because it would SUCK if incognito, basically the only organized pump team I know of, can't participate.

im trying to organize this event for Lyle, we will have some good experienced ref's
    I like the draw hat teams idea. but if you can get 2 guys to join you all the power to ya. for those who come alone or as a couple we could hook you up with another pumper.

the old school challange aprach is the paint limit, like others have said, the stock players would have a problem with players with outty ripping away on his series 5 chipley. keeps the fire power down, and helps that relaxed feeling.

holding a tourny and a small round robin as seperate events on seperate dates is ALWAYS an option too
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

lol me ref thatd be like giving a baby a gun... youd all be out... i would win as a ref.... hell yea... but in all sincerity i would say no prizes all for braggin rights!!@! also sean i saw your buzzard and tiff's phantom on the wall did you get your buzzards in?? if so PICS@@@#@!
    Last edited by Angelowner; 06-09-2005 at 05:50 PM.
    "The blind man, in the dark room, looking for the black cat.... thats not there....."

Listen oh younglings to Paul The Pump Yoda he is wise in the way of the pump force shield.

I think I'd rather see myself as Obi-wan than Yoda... ;-)

haha Obi-wan

we've had soem awsome suggestions guys keep em coming if you got any more
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

i'd be down for reffing it for ya guys. i dont play pump i did, i like my semi too much to go back to pump *cringes in fear*

let me know if ya need a ref.
    [html]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/edge006/7AbstractPaintballGunSignatureJpeg.jpg[html]

We'll probably have Phoenix ref

I'm definitely in, I'd be willing to pay a fair amount for entry, and as said before, just having a tourney would be prize enough, I could even talk to my boss at young guns and see if they would host, if you guys would be interested in playing there. Plus, he said if I wanted a pump tourney, I should design one and if it looked reasonable we'd do it, so we could maybe even get some support and advertising from them. Let me know how that sounds. And the draw teams idea is great, that way if - like hyshka said - you don't know many pumpers, it would avoid the whole "cancelled due to lack of interest/participation" thing. Or maybe even if the guys who had teams could sign up, and the rest who didn't could be drawn into teams, but it might equal unfair advantage to have guys who have played together and guys who have never met before matched up againt one-another.
    Last edited by poster1; 06-11-2005 at 08:28 PM.