Thread: 'Sup?

'Sup?

Hey Pumpers! Long time no chat. Been out of touch for a while and thought I'd say hi.
    Oh, and show off a little bit.
    I have been side-lined all summer long so my time on the CAD/CAM machines did not happen (yet). I had a little "incident" while on course that has kept me off the field. Broke my leg in three places and destroyed my ankle while rappelling from a helicopter skid. Guess I don't bounce like I used to.

Anyway, been tinkering with a couple of other things. Got my old Ranger working again!!! Never thought it would happen.
    It doesn't look like much yet, but hopefully by Christmas, it will be a sight to behold. Just not sure what to do for a coating yet (it's not all aluminum). hmmm.
    Last edited by Wookilar; 01-27-2008 at 12:51 AM.
    Veritas Fides Virtus

Frequent Poster
    nice

Hey wookie! Good to hear from you, bad news about the leg. Hey that is quite the antique piece. I think you should mill the crap out of stock and then nickle the whole marker where the nickle will take Thanks for staying in touch.
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!

Hey Wookilar i used to live in kingston until i moved here 2 months ago
    where do you usually play?

sorry to hear about your leg wooki, thats a bummer. hope your doing well. nice work on the ranger!

and yes we all miss you
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

Purple People Painter angie007ca's Avatar
    Nice ranger Wookilar. Bummer about the leg....

Thanks all! I appreciate the sympathy because I certainly do not get any from my wife

Mike, do you know if nickel plating will work on different types of metal? Only the barrel, sight rail and valve body are aluminum. Grip and main tube are some kind of (cheap but tough) steel. I am looking at Tin Plating, leaves it a kinda gold sheen to it, but hardens it. It's mainly used on specialty tools to toughen them up but I don't know if it will take on aluminum. It originally was solid gloss black (powder coated, maybe?), but I want something different.
    I have about 5 or 6 stocks left and a few smaller drops, all in rough T6 aluminum and I will be experimenting with them to get my desired effect. I don't know what it will be yet.....but I'm sure it will be something.

Hey, speaking of, does anyone know where someone could buy a big block of teflon or delrin type material (maybe even acrylic)? Say, about the size of a pump handle? Princess Auto maybe?

Tigerland: I have played at a few fields in the local area before I thundered in, but I can't remember all their names. The one in Gananoque (Drop Zone?), one north of Belleville (Bunker's Hideaway), SMT in Smith's Falls, another one closer to Ottawa and another closer to Toronto.
    All in all, not bad fields, but not a lot of pumps around here. When I was in the old southern Ontario tourny circuit in the (very) early 90's, there were still lots of pumps around. Now, I get the odd look with the Phantom. Wait until I can walk without a cane and the looks I'll get with my ole blunderbuss with the Taso silencer on the stock barrel.
    Veritas Fides Virtus

I think most metals can be nickled but some you have to plate with another metal first and then plate with nickle
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!

Hey Greg -

Nickel plating works best on brass and aluminum. Both surfaces usually have to be "roughed up" in order to get the nickel to adhere in such a way that is durable, and which is not prone to flaking.

I'd suggest you to take a look at Duracoat. Brad over at the PhOG (PBMaxx) does some great work with it, which is posted in the galleries over there. Duracoat is, a "paint", but it is what is used on military rifles, and is guaranteed to last (one guy has digi-camoed his marker, and beat it to hell, and it still looks as good as the day he first painted it).

In terms of delrin and acrylic, if I'm on the same wavelength as you (*cough* undercocking *cough*), try asking Punisher or Brad if they have extra blocks. Usually you get ripped a new one buying smaller blocks from retailers, but Pun and Brad usually have small chunks leftover they'd be willing to sell to you at a reasonable price.

Hope your leg's doing okay.

Oh, and hey, see if you can dig up any paintball antiquities over there fer ya. I've acquired 3 palmer markers since you left ;-).

Oh, and you are coming back, right?

The place in Gan is GroundZero, i played there for 3years (marc is a great guy)

Hey Greg,
    Nice to hear from you. Too bad about the leg.

You need to come back to play some Pump, the group is grows fast! Lots of new faces.

Heal up, take care of your self and get yourself back here for some ball. I think Angie is tired of taking all those heat seeking paintballs that use to have your name on them!
    Paul La Rue

Exiles Web Comic
    www.exiles.ca

Paul's For Sale Page/

Purple People Painter angie007ca's Avatar
    Stop picking on me Paul!!!