Thread: Hello Pump Freaks.

Hello Pump Freaks.

I should introduce myself, I'm Alex and I play pump.
    (Why does that always have to sound like an AA meeting introduction?)

Well, I havn't played pump in about 3 years, but I havn't really played paintball in three years.

Imagine my shock to come on to Edmonton paintball and see that there is an established (organized) pump following in Edmonton, not just a few guys who like to show what balls (or lack thereof) they have on a speedball field against a bunch of newbies with semis.

Imagine my further shock and surprise to find out that Mr.Paintball Canada himself Paul LaRue; Master web designer,apple user (still?) extrodonaire heads up this "pump" group. The right wing puritans of paintball.

Way to F*ing go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for the potty mouth.

But I couldn't be any more pleased, that is to say I couldn't be any more happy.

How many of you are there?
    Are most of you born agains?
    Do you still play even when it's not pump night (a closet complex perhaps?)
    just kidding

Anyways, I'm getting older, fatter, lazier, and I thought hey! I should be playing paintball, with my old renegade camo pants, my sandana venomware jersey, nightmare 68LB with AGD sixpack and a shotgun vest full of tubes looking through my old Vent goggles. But I don't have have that shi, stuff anymore and I never had the other half of the er, stuff. So, I gots me a Sterling, good ol reliable Sterling. The Aston Marton of pump guns, why the Sovereing was a piece of um, stuff I'll never know but the sterling is the be all and end all to all.

Bias aside,
    I've got the gear I wanna play,,,,,,,
    so, I'll be at pag on sunday (Apr 23) playing with my red gloss sterling alongside all these kiddies and their computer guns, please come out and join me if only to introduce yourself so I can actually get to know people in this sport again. I'll be the big guy in the corner laughing for no aparent reason whatsoever.

Alexander Brings
    Doc Dremel in the old days

1) ive been to 2 pump nights lol, and there was 6 people one time, and ~20 the next, so its pretty hit and miss (though i didnt take that large of a sample lol)
    2) I am sort of a born again baller

Welcome to edmonton!

Purple People Painter angie007ca's Avatar
    Welcome to EP! That is great that you play pump, always exctited to see more pumpers! Our next pump night is May 13th, so please come and bring friends! We do have a large group, and it is nice to see that it is getting larger!

Angie

ya, sunday would be a good day to play pump, lots of people to shoot.

Well see the sticky for the next group pump night..I am old balla from wwwwwwwwwway back and like playing pump cause im cheap.

We have I think about 50 listed players but on a good night with no snow storms (crispy's 6 ppl night) we get about 15-20 ppl out to play on the average pump night now. Usually about 6 vs 6 is the norm.
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!

Hey Alex,
    How are you doing?
    It has been a while!

Actually I think we're averaging more along the lines of 22-24 people per night (not counting the snow storm of course). A few people tend to show up late and some leave early.

I'm guestimating that there are around 80 pump players in the Edmonton Area and growing quickly.

Some people play more than once a month, but right now we're only running one organized event per month. There will be two pump games per month starting in the summer. I'm organizing games at PAG outdoor, and Sean is getting games together at Young Guns.

Hope to see you out on the 13th.
    Paul La Rue

Exiles Web Comic
    www.exiles.ca

Paul's For Sale Page/

yes indeedy the summer is vast approaching and there will be plenty of opportunity to play pump.
    Pauls once a month dates will be followed with a YG date 2 weeks later, and Incognito Practices filled inbetween.

Incognito practices are hit and miss due to rain or the scare of possible rain...
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

BTW being new Incognito is an ALL PumP team running here in Edmonton, yes they enter tournys and yes the are doing well, and they are a good bunch except for that lil snake weasle sharpy!
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!

I like this guy already

Incogntio at a glance.

Sharpy, i tell ya. he'll get you whether he's in the snake or not... but if he DOES get into the snake, your in trouble.

Outty, well he's quiet and sneeeky ,always catches me off gaurd.

Tiff, she doesnt come off as a threat but believ you me, she's not one to under estimate,

AngelOwner , he may trip in fall during his bunkering and run throughs, but he's the perfect destraction for the rest of the team to advance up the field haha. haha JK, he has a pretty good shot.

Johnni, he's quick and he can play the field.

Me.. Im just loud... and wounded. lol
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

... and out of practice

he was kicking my *** last saturday out at YG's... what does that say about me?!

it means your cut Outty.
    Sorry

Edmonton Pumpers

Alex,

All the guys and gals in the pump club are an excellent bunch to play with. Hope you have as much fun as I have had over the last few years playing in the Edmonton area.

Oh, and nice Sterling. I was eyeing that one up also , but only for a spare. Glad someone picked it up for their primary.
    Veritas Fides Virtus

Welcome back warped; I'm an e-kid so I guess I've got two choices, get a pump or get OUT. LOL, I may pick a pump and start hangin out with you guys, just wanted to say welcome back.

Purple People Painter angie007ca's Avatar
    the more the marrier!

Will try to make it on the 13th.