Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Synopsis

SysOps

Team Synopsis

Team Synopsis

Recently there has been some words and comment placed on the table in regards to a certain team. To me I feel that there should be some serious clarification in regards to this team and it’s involvement in the paintball community.

This team started back in December of 2003, but never really started playing till January of 2004. They had good intentions of trying to head down to the Nationals at the end of January but didn’t really feel they were ready to make this trip. So instead they headed down to another tournament at the end of February, Rampage City was the location. They did well for their first time out coming in 5th out of 12 or 15 teams. They then started to practice quite religiously, once a week. Where they would focus on drills and playing with other teams that had a better skill set than them. This team never minded getting beating up as long as they learned and could take way from it something to improve on. Eventually the teams that had beaten up on this team found themselves having to go longer and harder to beat them … and sometimes this team would win some games … Winning games became the norm and not the rarity as they trained relentlessly. Players on this team would practice together as well as individually when time permitted, that is how committed the team members are to this team. They headed down to Rampage City again only a few months later and took 2nd, with the same caliber of teams there was before. As they looked back they could see that they had come along way in a short amount of time, from a bunch of guy’s that didn’t know each other and some that had never really played before to a podium placing team, a rightful sense of pride was felt. This made the team want to practice harder and with more intensity as they knew things where getting better. The team headed in a new direction with some attrition and additions to the team. Their next tournament was one locally, they knew they had some good competition here and felt this would be a great thing … as well as a hell of a lot of fun, the main reason it would be fun is that even though they would be playing against other teams they knew … more importantly they would be playing against friends. Six months after they had started playing together as a team they had their first, first place finish. Still practicing once a week they had ideas of how to promote paintball to others and show what a sportsmanship like sport this was. So they held a clinic for beginners and new comers to the sport imparting the knowledge they had gained from other players and teams as they made plans for their next tournament. The next tournament was again a local one but with a bigger incentive to win, cash money. So again with out stopping they continued to practice and drill with better teams, as the tournament came closer they stepped up the practices to twice a week plus anything else they could do to get ready. A first place finish and cash in their pocket was the rewarded for this hard work. They finished off the season on a high note and had the clinic flow into a tournament for all the new players and teams to test out what they had learned. When December rolled around they again looked forward to what the next season was to hold for them. The thing they had focused on was the Canadian Nationals, one of the biggest tournaments with teams from all over. Again they surrounded themselves with a prevalent team in Edmonton to beat them up and teach them by trial and error. Nationals came around and again they stepped up to the plate and won what they had trained very hard for, they are now Canadian National Champions … Period. I personally can’t think of a better advocate to represent that bracket than this team.
    Something to remember is this is the way this team roll’s, they surround themselves with like minded people and players that have a passion for this sport, they want to be the best they can be with in the realm that they play in. For them being the best in the bracket that they are playing means that they are not only doing the right thing in their dedication to themselves and their goals but to the sport as well. To often you see teams give up or push themselves to hard to fast and end up breaking down. This team seems to have the right combination of attitude and drive to do what they do. As well as they realize THIS IS A GAME, while enjoying your hobby and sport of choice, with dedication, life still takes presidents. This includes school, family and anything else that is important to the individual. For this team to do as much as they have and had the success they have in the short amount of time they have been together is something to recognize and not chastise. They are a great group of people, and anyone that has talk with them will know this, they never hold any ill will to anyone, that has not first deserving it, and even then they can forgive them. They are in the spotlight more often than not and representing themselves and others very well, as well as they are always willing to lend a hand where they can, as long as time and personal life can permit it. Not just on the field but off as well, some of these guy’s have fixed more guns than they thought had sold in Edmonton, and always for free. So for this type of representation to the sport and to their team mates I have to take my hat off to these guys, you can ask any team out there that these guys are a pleasure to play against, win or lose, they have the same respect and positive attitude towards everything, not bad for a team that is just over a year old.
    With the win at Nationals they receive a basically free ride to the MR series, they are holding true to their training and hitting this season with a vengeance, they have their eye on the prize and know what it will take to get it, the same hard work and dedication that moved them through last year.
    So with that being said, think about what you would say about a team that has had the drive and determination to be the best that they can be, they have push the envelope to be the best in their bracket, and made some sacrifices along the way as well.

Again I’m very proud of this team and it’s players, it is a pleasure to know them personally which will be for along time, as this team is not going anywhere but up. No I’m not going to say the team’s name, as they are known well enough.

O O O! Can i take a guess who it is?
    Its [DTP] Factory!!! wait ... sorry *wakes up from dream*
    Last edited by Tigurius; 05-11-2005 at 12:40 PM.

I don't fully understand the point of this post. It seems so well thought out, and edited that it's like eating plastic grapes. know what I mean?

oh man, usually grouping text together into paragraphs makes it much easier to follow and read.

Great little article none the less !

To be honest im not positive why it was written or who by. But I think it was written because of possible claim of sandbagging by the team in question. I think that it just shows the history of the team and possibly will educated making such claims.

I love the team to death and try to get practice with them as much as possible. Great group of guys.

I see it as one of those storys that you see in movies. Like where there is a football team, that has the odds against them, but they don't quit and they go on to win. Except this story is for paintball .... Well, I think thats the meaning of this post.

we should make a movie.

*everywhere they gooo everywhere they gooo
    people wanna knoooww people wannna knoooow
    whoooo they arrr whoo they arrrr
    so we tell them

Yeah, who are they?
    What team are these ppl talking about?

Outty:
    "fixed more guns than they thought had sold in EDMONTON"
    "With the win at Nationals they receive a basically free ride to the MR series"
    That should give it away.
    Unless you were being sarcastic.. it's hard to tell over the comp.
    Last edited by thats me; 05-12-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Ill give a hint ... the 2nd reply ...

im new to edmonton so i am allowed to be confused.
    Who are they if by the second reply it could be entity? i dunno or if tig is counting the first post as a reply might it be [DTP]?

its not DTP

wow that was a long *** story... good but long I KNOW WHO it is its DTP lol... no its not i do belive this is about.... sonic?

*cough* Entity *cough*
    BANNED
    Shredda
    Quote Originally Posted by elJay
    Old Thread........... Nice Fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by elJay
    Foo, I've been sigged.

Sigh... I think entity needs to hold some clinics again so they can show some of these ballers who the real kings of kind are.

thanks you, clinics would be fun

in context to the thread, shhhh its a secret. not even we know who the mystery poster is, it would be nice to know who tho:| lol
    -Team entity-

It seems written alot like that apology that was on ABPB a little while ago..
    Old Fockers/ Off in the Corner.

i doubt its jeff, i dont think any of us really talk to him much anymore
    -Team entity-

Frequent Poster
    No, I think I may have an idea of who it is but I really am not certain so we will leave it at that. I would believe that this person would like to take some form of credit for this teams accomplishments .... but .... well just leave it at that.

As for the "Questioning a teams creds" it goes like this. Everyone says this guy used to play this or they should do this. Sometimes it is due to fear and making excuses for yourself or team.

If anything should come from this, it is that - If you want to get better you need to work as a team on the things that will improve your game.

And next time you here a comment about a player or team that might be meant to intimidate you just play harder and tighter and you just might be suprised with the outcome.
    Sherwood Park Crimson

lol i know who it is and its not who any of you think it is:P