Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 159
ALS Curenament 2012! August 26th @ PAG, Play against NHL players, Win Autographed NHL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALS Curenament 2012! August 26th @ PAG, Play against NHL players, Win Autographed NHL

Semi-Frequent Member

ALS Curenament 2012! August 26th @ PAG, Play against NHL players, Win Autographed NHL

The Curenament 2012 is coming! On Aug 26 2012 at Paintball Action Games a 5 on 5 tournament will be held with funds raised going to ALS Canada and ALS Alberta. Meet and play against NHL players, also meet players from Pro paintball team Edmonton Impact.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) is a fatal neurodegenerative disease. People living with the disease become progressively paralyzed due to degeneration of the upper and lower motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Eighty per cent of people with ALS die within two to five years of diagnosis– unable to breathe or swallow. Ten per cent of those affected may live for 10 years or longer. My mother passed away from ALS and I wanted to do something to help find a cure and help others who are living with the disease. I have done the walk in the past but I wanted to do something different, and from that the ALS Curenament was born. This is a third part event with support from ALS Canada and ALS Alberta.

Date August 26th

4804 90th Ave
    Edmonton, AB.
    T6B 3J7

5 on 5 PSP race to 2 format. Hopper Ball (Hoppers only)

$200 minimum donation/deposit to enter. No fundraising materials will be sent until deposit paid. All deposits will be donated to ALS

Raise $500 or more and receive free rentals and one case of paint, and paint at $50 a case.
    Regular price $20/ player rentals. Paint $100 a case.

Prizes:

There will be prizes for top Individual fundraiser, as well as prizes for first place. Many other prizes will be available.
    Prizes include
    East & west autographed nppl Allstars jerseys
    Autographed Edmonton oilers jerseys
    Paintball Jerseys...
    And More!

Plus meet and play against Edmonton Oilers Theo Peckham, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan Smyth, Taylor Hall, and Jordan Eberle
    * Talent subject to change.
    And players from professional paintball team Edmonton Impact will be refereeing the event* Also Subject to change

Contact als_curenament@yahoo.ca to register your team.
    Last edited by mysterio6_9; 05-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.

So I guess the nose cones are out of the question right?

Semi-Frequent Member
    Sorry, I don't get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hth View Post
    So I guess the nose cones are out of the question right?

LLoydminister (It's on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan)
    hes talknig bout a pinokio nose cone
    Redneck balla

Yep, I wasn't sure as it adds another ~200 balls on top of the pinokio's ~200 stock capacity

I think it's great that it's for AlS I have family members who have it but I dont think there is gonna be a big turn out at all due to the 200 ball rule implemented. I was planning on entering my team and we were pumped, but I don't think we will be going now.

Semi-Frequent Member
    Yes hth, sorry I didn't understand what you meant, but yes standard hoppers only.

Ok I figure that I'd clear the air, but I posted this info on tech PB for you

Also when should interested team register by?

Also this open division thing or will they split people up?

Tyler Nugent-Hopkins???
    Hi Octane 2
    Bounty Hunters

I'll definitely be there again, was a lot of fun last year!

Semi-Frequent Member
    Thanks, I haven't set a register by date but I would say at least two weeks before the event so... Mid August.
    This will be open division, the hopper rule is to help level the field a little by limiting how much paint you can use, also makes it a little cheaper if you don't need to buy cases and cases of paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by hth View Post
    Ok I figure that I'd clear the air, but I posted this info on tech PB for you

Also when should interested team register by?

Also this open division thing or will they split people up?

Semi-Frequent Member
    Whoops! Yeah I guess that should be Ryan Nugent Hopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by [N][I][C][K] View Post
    Tyler Nugent-Hopkins???

Ok now that makes it even better!

Semi-Frequent Member
    Also I need 1-4 extra players for my team for the event. Send me a private message if your interested in playing and don't have enough players of your own! Depending on how many players we have we split the entry fee evenly ($25 each if we have 8 players) and I can get custom jerseys for you at cost.(not required, just offering)

So. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is the hopper rule? 200 ball hoppers only? Or gravhoppers only? Or no pods? I dont really understand.

Semi-Frequent Member
    No pods

Quote Originally Posted by fuelnfire View Post
    So. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is the hopper rule? 200 ball hoppers only? Or gravhoppers only? Or no pods? I dont really understand.
    No paint other than what is in your hopper, this is why I ask if the pinokio with extended nose are fair game or not. For this tourney it appears we are only to use anything with ~200 balls at max

Semi-Frequent Member
    Hopefully this answers this question once and for all. Each player is only allowed to bring one hopper full of paint onto the field for that game. You of course may refill your hopper between games. Hoppers can be of any type, except for the extended nose cone of the pinokio hopper. I understand dye rotors have a expanded capacity shell but it only makes the capacity 250 balls so they will be allowed. The major reason for this rule is there will be several renter teams who will not have pods or harnesses, also this tournament is for charity I sincerely hope that no one is entering with the intent of " lighting someone up". Come have fun, meet some NHL players, meet edmonton impact players, and raise some money for a good cause.

Cool. When's the last moment a team can register? Trying to grab together my merry band, but one of them's trying to get some cash.

Semi-Frequent Member
    August 5th will be the last day to get the minimum donation of $200 in to guarantee your spot. Donations for entry will be made via the ALS Canada / Curenament website. This donations will go directly to ALS. I will post the website address shortly.