Thread: New here!

New here!

Hey everyone... been playing paintbal for years (recreationally) and just found the site. Love what I see so far and hope to bump into a few of you out in the field. Hope to get into some woodball and have a blast! Great site!!

Welcome to the forum! What field do you play at?

Actually I have a friend who knows a friend who has some land piled with old junk, cars, appliances etc.. We often play in the junk, or just go out into the bush around his house and fool around. The odd times I have played at a field I went to QFA once (didn't enjoy it too much) and also to a field out in Rollyview a couple times (can't recall the name of it) But I have some time slotted with friends at YGP coming up in May. I want to get some insight from the guys here as to which fields they would recommend. I am more of a woodball guy or even a CQB tactical guy as opposed to speed ball and I don't know to much about the local fields, I grew up on a farm and played in the woods around the house etc..

Cwelt, welcome to the forums man, nice to see some new people posting.

Quest is actually one of the best runs fields around tho some of the buildings and bunkers are a tad run down the layout and organization is above par. Plus Lyle is one of the most laid back chill owners who is more about the players then about the business side of paintball. You need to play one of quest big games (next one is may 21st) it will forsure change your opnion on quest.

I have a very jaded opinion on YGP field. Ygp is an excellent organization and for what Brandon (owner) does for the sport and scenario / bush ball side of things but the playing field is one of the worst layouts I have ever played on in my 15 years of playing. All the scenario games play the excat same, different name and theme same objectives that are alwasy located besied the other team spawn point causing for verbal arguments over shooting and tons of issues on the feild. YGP events are the largest showings in alberta however the layout cant witstand thoes numbers. Ref's tend to sleep and seat on the field ignoring players rather then check for paint hits and doing their jobs. Ygp is also knowen for stacking their home and favored teams / players on one side and forcing renters and other non favored teams on the other typical leading to 150 players vs 300+players leading to rather frustrating games. You should however check out ygp scenario club, which are held twice a month and are smaller games of 50-100 players with objective based games which are better run and way more fun to play.

If you have wheels you need to check out ex-caliber paintball, amazing field, huge 100ft high wall fort with four towers and a basket ball court sized courtyard. The rest of ex-cal playing field is extremely well done and built offering a mix variety of playing terain and no shortage of bunkers and buildings. The field is also well maintained allowing for no debris left lying around, grass is always cut no garbage. Ref's do their jobs and their events are un matched with some of the largest prize giveaways and original scenario games make it well worth the drive. ex-cal also boost the only fully stocked snack bar for all your lunch and snack need. When at ex-cal it's a requirement to try the taco in a bag it's the best paintball lunch around.

You should also check out tactical anarchy paintball, which is a smaller feild but tap offers a wide varierty of playing Terran, with it's Normandy beach theme field and trench field offer cqb trench warfare. Tap is the only field in Edmonton that host true milsim events and limited paint games as well as more tactical and realistic games adding working props to his games. Tap is also one of the cheapest fields around.
    MobScene
    paintballgear.ca

welcome to the site.

Thanks everyone, and Hybrid.. thanks for the insight. One of my co-workers is a cousin of the guy who owns xcaliber so I do plan on going out that way a few times and checking it out, but the TAP sounds like my cup of tea. I am all about tactical play and as much "realism" as you can jam into the game.

Sounds like I have some homework and some fields to test out

A lot of the pump players like the field out by Camrose, I have never been there but lots of people say good things.
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!