Thread: sp ion

sp ion

i was wondering what the impact members think about the sp ions. we will be attending the next tourney and one of our players just bought one. the gun ramps a few ball for every 7shots i think. anyways i was wondering if he can still use it even though it has that feature.

no ramping is "illegal" in PAG tournies... if u get caught with it... i think its either the gun goes out, the player is out or the team is out.

Does it ramp...after shots...or does it bounce? theres kind of a difference. my understanding the only way it would ramp is if he has it set to the ramping feature.

if its bounce, thats a different story. maybe have him talk to robbie? robbie's ion doesn't seem to have any issues.

We do not allow ramping in the tournament. The Ion should be able to play as a single shot marker but we will investigate the marker and get back on this issue if that is the question. The rule on playing with one will be removal of the Marker and player from the tournament and points are reversed for that game and player is suspended for the Tournament

k thanks

ya what ramping is, is u pull 7bps and the gun goes 17... so, so long as u keep puling 7 bps then it will keep going 17... i find it a waste of paint:P o and ya my real name is robert:P... and another thing... ya you would have to open up the grip, and change the modes from there (thats sp's tourny lock) so ya... unless the screws are loose and he takes em out on the field... thats the only way the person can change modes on the field... kinda hard with refs around.
    Last edited by robbiezyg; 05-04-2005 at 02:18 PM.

prokopd
    And no tools on the field

hellspawn
    the ion does come with a ramp board thou to turn it one you have to go into the trigger frame and turn it on and all..... thou i saw a guy on monday that either had a ramp or bounce issue with his timmy.

that was just a joke. his gun doesnt ramp.

7 bps to 17 bps in ramping is quite the bps percentage jump .. if i knew a ion could do that i would buy one.. usually ramping is like 50-100% only

were did you take your paintball and electronics course, i would like to attend it.

ramping is exactly what he says, the board hits a sertain bps, and automaticaly shoot a higher number. excesive bounce is also not allowed.
    -Team entity-

Defrost Str8killas
    The officials for the ion is once you hit 9 bps its jumps to max rate of fire setting.