Thread: Looking to start a new Div II team.

Looking to start a new Div II team.

Looking to put together a Div II team to play in local tournaments and to see if we can develop and move up together. My vision would be to run the team in a more formal fashion with designated practices at least every other week or monthly.

Right now just getting a sense for the interest out there. Send me a message if you are interested.

y dont u put ur experiance down and everything... helps people out
    Gunslingers: First place ICE 2009
    Currently running:
    Dm9
    Sl8r

Good luck. Running a team is not for the faint of heart. I do agree with this ^. Put down some experience. If your really planning for a Div 2 team you should be practicing every week or more, no less!!

^^ both give good advice. Also you may want to post for interested parties to include their experience and setups, as well as teams they may have played for in the past. This will enable you to weed the reply's down to guys YOUR interested in. Good luck with your endevor and Keep it up and firen man!

sidenote: make sure players get you the entry fees before you register the team in any given tourny nothing worse than trying to chase or replace a guy right before the tourny because he can't afford to play.

LLoydminister (It's on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan)
    there are local tournements? boyle didnt have any and pag dont have as much as they used to
    Redneck balla

there is still the MR series out by Olds
    Mobscene #37

C7

C7 is bringing local tournaments back! But you should get a d2 team ready for November Ice, at PAG

Thank you for your advice above, it is appreciated. I was mainly looking to see if I would get much of a response and then explore the options from there, but I agree it would likely help to generate interest if I included the above details. I also acknowledge the time commitment involved in this proposed endeavor, which is why I want to see how many people are interested and then figure our if we can make the scheduling work.

I also acknowledge that weekly practices would be preferable, however in my experience even at the div II level it is very rare that you get a team out on a weekly basis. As such I figure if we have a set practice schedule were the team commits to every other week at a minimum and we have the whole team out every other week, that is preferable to every week with a random three members of the team present.

So far I have had a reply from a two or three individuals. I am looking for a few more and than I we can see if we can arrange a meeting to discuss.

Experience:
    -Played speed ball back in the 90's, on a five man team I put together.
    -Resumed playing speed ball after a break in 2006.
    -Played for Gun Slingers in November 2009 (with "ur stupid face", above), were we placed first in Div III.

Currently shooting a:
    -Ego 10