Thread: XCAL and CXBL

XCAL and CXBL

Major props to Wally, Mitzie, their entire crew, and the entire CXBL crew and ref squad. The event was amazing, the fields were immaculate, and the party was insane. I had a great time, although the night is still pretty fuzzy. I look forward to the next event.

Hopefully you guys found the missing sumo suit and keg.

yeah was really impressed with the event and how nice the fields were mad props!
    cant wait till next year!
    Hi Octane 2
    Bounty Hunters

Impact ECHO
    Suit was found, not sure about the other keg.

Definitely one of the best weekends of paintball i've ever had. There are a few gaps in my memory where the party should be, but i can not wait to head back out to Xcal. Excellent event, and field.

great event cant wait for another one
    BUY PAINT NOT GEAR

Poster
    The facility was simply amazing, and the teams were great. It is great to play teams that are even in playing ability(well at least from 2nd to 6th in the MXL), and the CXBL had some amazing games that were supposed to be blowouts that came down to the last minute even seconds of the game. Simply amazing! The best part of this league is that it is true X-ball, and the level of parity amongst the teams, the things that I need to harp on I will divulge with them as this is not the place to do it.
    STATIC
    2010 CDN NATIONALS DIV 1 CHAMPS

Poster
    This was one excellent run event. Everything and I mean everything was so well looked after. The staff making constant rounds to clean up litter, checking the outhouses, giving rides in the golf carts, boosting vehicles, delivering firewood...the list is endless. To those of you that didn't come to this event, even just to watch and hang out, what ever you did was in no way compared to this event. When Mitzie and Walter hold another one of these types of events, cancel everything and go.

What a weekend.
    1. Great of the CXBL to have a "true tournament weekend." Joing th MXL and CXBL together for the last event was great. Lots of players and spectators made this event the best the CXBL has offered in the western series. If this is the way the events will be run, more teams will want to get into this league. Games ran on time, reffing was good, organizational was good. Conflicts arose, but how the CXBL handled them shows they have have experience behind them.
    2. Xcalibre field. What can I say but wow, wow, wow. I would say from my experience, this is one of the best speedball courses in Canada. 2 preimier Xball fields, all to regulation size. Large bleachers on both fields, shaded area for when it was hot. Large pit area to setup and shaded from the elements. Free camping and security at the camping area if any problems arose. Large lights to light the area. Free shuttle service from the camping area to the playing fields. They had 5 golf carts transporting players where ever they wanted to go, so walking in the heat was not an issue. Hot food available at the site, opened at 6 am and stayed open until dark. Great food and you didn't have to drive anywhere to get it. Players party on Sunday night for the players that stayed over. Live band played on Sunday. Walter and his staff went out of there way to make this event one to remember.
    3. Competition. This weekend many games were decided by 1 or 2 points. Many teams improved from the 1st event and brought their A game to play. The field layout provided quick points and fast moves. Props to Prevail for holding on and winning the event. Should be a good time at World Cup.

Congrats to Edmonton Prevail for winning the western conference for CXBL and to Grande Prarie Splatter for winning the western conference for MXL.

We'd like to thank all the teams, team/field owners and fans for travelling to our location and making this event possible. There is alot of time, money and effort put in from all the teams and owners throughout the season. The competition was tight making the games very exciting to watch for everyone throughout the weekend.

Thanks to our Gator Girls Nicole, Zoria, Leanne and Shelby who transported everyone around this weekend. Also, thanks to the volunteers who helped with security on Sunday night. Special thanks to Jim and Donna Ellefson for running the gates all night, plus Fort Sask Kraze, Reign and the Xcalibre staff for set up and clean-up of the event.

Thanks to Collidicide, Lazy Saviours and Dahlmers Realm for the live music on Sunday night and everyone who stayed for the Player Party and participated in the Sumo Wrestling, Jousting and for those of you who remember the keg stands. It was a great way to finish the weekend.

Special thanks to CXBL. The reason this league is the best in Canadian paintball is because of the people who stand behind these events. Truly an amazing bunch of people who work hard to set up and co-ordinate these events. Xcalibre is very proud to host such an event and we are thank-ful to have the opportunity to work with the CXBL. We look forward to hosting more events in the future.