Thread: First Strike

First Strike

I just visted WARPIG this morning and found this new design for paintballs in thier tech section. They are called First Strike. The new design is very different and might yield some good results. They kinda look like an ordinary bullet in shape with the paint load in the front half only. The fill is thicker and chalky which would make it harder to "wipe off".
    From what I read this migt be the next big thng if loaders and markers can be mass produced that will fit the new design without a expensive conversion that will be needed on current eqipment. Finally the problem of useing "riffeling" looks to have been solved!
    Check this new design out on WARPIGS site!!
    They who boast are toast

This has been brought up a few times.

The point is, its not worth paying almost a dollar a ball. No matter how accurate it is.
    Im just a rock and roll clown

They are good for kicks though.

I saw these at a surplus store last week, and have seen TechPB's first look at them. I agree a buck a ball is ridiculous, BUT... if they perform half as well as claimed, they would be a big deal. My first thoughts were giggling at a mod'ed phantom slinging those. I'm planning on getting a few later on this season to play with. was thinking if I got a cheap pump (like a tiger shark) so I can frankenstein something together and not feel bad about ruining a marker if they aren't that good. Personally, I think they would be best used as an extra trick for those of us who like creepin around in the woods. There are supposed to be adapter kits coming for them, but no eta on when those would be available. The only thing I can see as a viable feed system would be a vert tube with a 5-10 ball capacity. Having a regular feed tube (like on a phantom) would need some modifications, because of their shape.

The surplus store I saw them at was Drop Zone, 8003 Argyll Road.
    Edmonton AB, Phone 461-5700. They also carry Milsig
    Shoot your gun, not your mouth