Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Your Local Proshop

Support Your Local Proshop

Lots of people have been ordering off the internet it seems latly, and have forgotten about the importance of ordering from your local proshop. When you order from the local proshop, you can get anything it just needs to be ordered, but by investing in the proshop itself it in turn invests in you by giving you new bunkers, new nets, new turf.

Support Your Local Proshop.

+1.
    buying from PAG proshop by order supports pag, so pag can support you with an awesome field and proshop.
    Mr. two

oh ya a definite +10 thats absolutley correct.
    Free Agent
    McKiernan #17

Banned
    Buying locally is important. But if I can get something faster or for cheaper that another store or website has in stock, too bad for the place that didn't have it in stock. That's capitalism.

i totaly agree with krautt.

i think its important to buy from your local proshops, but its the proshops responsibility to stock what players need. just about 90% of the time a customer can buy online quicker and cheeper than getting a proshop to order that same part in.

of course proshops cant stock everything under the sun, but if they do the research they can assess what needs to be stocked. the majority of players around here are shooting Tippmans, Dyes and Egos. stocking parts kits and accessories for those guns is a solid start.
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

oh ya for sure lol
    Free Agent
    McKiernan #17

Poster
    hell, tanks and things like that, you can get for cheap around here anyhow... i bought new steelies from Xcal (even though i can get em cheaper here) cause Xcal treats me good, my fibre tank that i got on here is sitting in their shop right now awaiting a 4500 Reg, i am yet to purchase a large item though... but there is a good chance i would try to make a new marker purchase local... now that i actually know a little more than i did...
    Phy - Lobster - Nathan - Pyro5050
    Nicknames Rock

I consider dealing with any proshop in Alberta, to be buying Local.

I know the guys at MR and Splatter just as well as I know the guys at PAG, Prevail, YG or QFA. the only difference to me is that MR is 3 hours south and Splatter is 5 Hours north.

anyone else see it that way or is local contained to within city limits?

does anyone consider buying from a shop in Canada Local?
    INCOGNITO
    Rock'N'Cock

i agree with walking wounded, if its here in alberta i consider it to be local

i jsut bought a reg from pag

i did my part

for now.....
    Gunslingers: First place ICE 2009
    Currently running:
    Dm9
    Sl8r

I support local, but they just don't make or carry all the custom goodness I like to order for my markers
    Remember kids: Walk, Don't Run!

I have for years, but last year I placed two orders, both orders were over $400!! One at PAG and one at YGPB and both shops never even placed the order..... I waited over 6 weeks only to go back to the shops and be told they forgot!!!!

This season I was looking for BT pod packs for my new vest. Prevail, PAG and YGPB all told me it would be six weeks or so or "they are all back orderd".......... Then I went to GRUNTS and they placed my order on Monday and I had it all on Friday. These local shops need to get their act togeather!!

uhhh graverdigger...

last post was in 2009.... come on.
    Texas/Storm G6R, Canadian G6R

This is still a valid topic no matter how old it is. Support local.

Agreed paint-hog very valid topic. And i always support the local businesses. If you don't they can't survive and then where will we all play?

Banned
    Sure supporting locally is beneficial. But if locally they do not have it in stock, are taking forever to get it in stock, or it is cheaper online, why would I buy locally? I'm not going to wait around to get gear I want just because it's better for my city. This isn't a perfect world we live in.

agree with you there as well KrAutt if local doesn't have or can't get in reasonable timeframe then go online but I always start locally first.

Buy Local! If your worried about price, ask for a price match. If you need it fast, ask for Xpresspost or Priority Shipping. If the proshop won't do that for you, buy online but within Canada!! Honestly fields won't shut down if there proshop isn't selling gear. The money to support a field should come from Paint and Walk on Fees. If it doesn't they don't have a good business plan or business management skills and will shut down regardless of any sales!

^ While I agree with most of what you say I do think that extra money from their proshop will usually end up making fields either better or bigger(or both) and that is worth at least trying local first.