Thread: Ego5 and 98 Custom ups

Poster AjaxTheEvil(aka McLovin)'s Avatar

Ego5 and 98 Custom ups

i just got an ego5 and i want get a few upgrades to make it way better, but since it is 05 i don't know where to get any.
    these are the upgrades i was considering:

Virtue board
    clamping feedneck
    barrel (NOT PROTO)
    and eyes

also my bro is looking to turn his 98 into more of a speedball type marker and he wants to get an e-grip and fang trigger and the like.

if you have any of this stuff, new or used, or if you have any suggestions let me know.

Thanks everybody!

not to sounds rude or un helpful but y doesnt he just save his money and hold out and buy a new gun instead of upgradeing a 98?
    Gunslingers: First place ICE 2009
    Currently running:
    Dm9
    Sl8r

because he goes maybe once every 3 months, and tippmann don't really need regular matianence.

alright then makes sense.
    Gunslingers: First place ICE 2009
    Currently running:
    Dm9
    Sl8r

Semi-Frequent Member
    ive got a virtue board,,critical trigger,,cp reg,,cure bolt,and a asa off a 08
    ill sell you it all for 100 bucks,,that will make your 05 a super 05

trigger and reg are both gloss black,,the asa is dust black

would you take trades to lower the price?

if so i have a 47/3000 steely, a jt spectra w/ chrome lens, and a Gen X Global 3+4 pack.
    Last edited by AjaxTheEvil(aka McLovin); 12-23-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

up

all you would need to upgrade an 05 ego would be a newer bolt, barrel and board.

since you want a feedneck get an 07 or later feedneck.

stick with OEM parts. the reason is they look better and aftermarket parts have negligible performance differences. (they dont really do anything better than OEM)

get a shaft 2 barrel (you dont really NEED this)
    cure2 bolt (probably the best investment, which planet says reduced ball breakages.)
    07ego or later feedneck (user preference)
    and a board if you fancy one (user preference)

the stock eyes in any gun are fine. "laser" eyes arent really a laser, but just a coloured LED. they do not improve performance at all. only buy new eyes if they are broken. eye performance is improved by the board only.

personally i am a fan of keeping guns stock, if something must be upgraded, i try to go with OEM. the only things i will change on high end guns are the feedneck and asa if they dont come with a clamping or on/off. and for my pmr...changed the garbage plastic trigger and back cap.
    Last edited by totallytoastin; 12-29-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost