Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 159

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Allsports Complaint thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allsports Complaint thread

Allsports Complaint thread

My little comment in the 09 geo and ego thread prompted me to start this thread, i want to share my experience with allsports and specifically derrick.. to start off this guy has ripped people off so much, he takes advantage of people new to the sport and cons them into buying crappy guns and horrible set ups and charging to much... the first time i went to buy my marker, he sold me a spyder vs1, fasta hopper, and steel tank.. he told me it was a great marker and even good enough to play semi-pro and some smaller tournements.... No way. It broke and i didnt even want to try to fix it, so i bought a proto SLG off my friend who had bought it from there but got a new gun from a friend so he didnt use it, the first time i tried to use it the sear wouldnt catch on the bolt and it was scary.. loud noises.. no one knew what to do at pag (I didnt leave it with scott, big mistake) and so i brought it to allsports to the "Master" airsmith... he took a look at it and said it should be ready in 3-4 days because he is backed up 7-10 days if he needs to order parts, he said since it was bought from allsports it would be all free and under warranty... 2 weeks later i call him and he says he was looking at it right that moment, and that he would call me back, he called me back the next day and that the sear was busted and i would need a new one, so he ordered it, a month later i call him and he says he got the part in and was installing it that day and it would be ready by 1, i get there at 4 and he had it sitting on the counter for anyone to take and hadnt touched it, he says it will be ready tommorow, i was already mad because Allsports is on the south side and i live northside.. and i dont drive so i had to take the bus, it sucked. I call the next day and he says he is working on it and when i get there it will be done, i get there 2 hours later and he is working on it, he says that the eye wires got pinched and that that was the problem, which made no sense since the eyes still worked, but he said it was all under warranty so it would be free so i said sure, why not? free new parts, and he said he had the parts there so it would be ready when i got there the next day, i got there and he said he was installing them and to go to mcdonalds and get a coffee, 1 hour later i come back and he says he cant get it done that day and to come back next day, so i do, and he says all good to go, but it came to almost $70 25 in parts and 45 in labour... all that was under warranty hmm? i bring it home, air it up and the regulator is leaking, so i bring it back, he takes the regulator apart, puts it back together and it stopped leaking, he airs it up and fires it and it was rediculous loud... he forgot to screw in the regulators screw that controls velocity all the way so it was shooting almost unregulated air... so i had to screw it in myself, he charged me for changing orings and all that then i take it home air it up screw in the regulator and the god damn bolt wont catch on the sear, i took it apart and realized the problem all along was that it was over lubed.. no problems since... 5 weeks of being without a gun and 70$ later i find out it was over lubed and that was the problem all along... I hate that guy he rips people off and yet people think he knows what he is doing, please share your horror stories with me on this thread and let me know cause im positive there are more stories out there besides this
    Im just a rock and roll clown

Dude... Go to PAG. Problem solved.

ive learnt that the hard way

Ya, learned the hard way too. Brought in me first tournament level gun (DM5) to derrick, dinged me 60 bucks. The problem ended up being a busted gasket under the solenoid, and a top hat o-ring. Ok no problem. I got home, aired it up and nothing, so I was puzzled. Turned out he didn't bother resetting the reg for me. So I turn it ever so slowly, just enough to get the bolt cycling, chorno'd with my handheld to 220fps, no problem, just wanted to make sure it worked. Shot about 2 pods then it leaked again.

Brought it to Scott at pag the next weekend. Got it back in about 2 weeks. Costed $26.

And the lesson is....

GO TO PAG!!!!
    For anything and everything
    In the shadow of none...

hahaha

i warn people

you guys just dont listen.

but nuff of that,

my horror story wasnt about me, unlike you guys i have intelligence not to purchase garbage from the shadiest character in edmonton,

anydang way my friend took his Marq there to get fixed (scott was on holidays at the time and a tounry was coming up)

we took it to derrick, derrick aired it up, HERD THE MASSIVE LEAK COMMING FROM THE BOLT adn then opened the grip screws

he then changed the battery and re- aired it up

TO SOME SURPRISE IT STILL LEAKED

derrick then placed the gun on the table, and said there is nothing i can do, you have to call BLAST, so he gives my friend the number and we walk out of the store ****ed off

The day of the tounry scott happend to be back, so my friend asks, can you fix my gun? derrick said i need to send it off

10 mins.

nuff said

if you want to buy expensive, old and greasy paintball equipment go ahead, pag will be down the road to fix any issues you will have
    The Biggest Boss That You've Seen Thus Far.

Ive never been warned... no one told me, i found out the hard way

anyways

another fun story

me and a good friend went into allsports because we were bored and on our way to pag for team night

my friend had a CP reg on his tank and it had been leaking (he purchased it at cup and has probally gotten diryt since then)

anyways derrick told us he does all the warranty work for CP and it will be free of charge

so we wait 30 mins and he comes back and starts tearing into my friend for putting the reg back together poorly,

we both started laughing due to it was from the manufacturer, derrick had to remove the locktite in order to "clean" it and hes elaborating how a player who never cleans his gear (yet alone the most senitive reg of all) can put it together improperly?

hmm...

maybe derrick does know more than cp does...

he has my friend convinced that everything he sells to him he is going to give him a "Deal" on, cause paying 280 for a pure energy carbon tank and telling him its a deal just for him and the lightest tank on the market, he told my friend he would get his shells for his Halo in a couple weeks, 2 months later he got shells without screws and in the colour he didnt order. any one else get any "deals" from derrick?

ahahah "deals"

he gives everyone a deal

nice deal...

when his deals are 30% more than pags regular price

pride of the proletariat kamikaze33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Doom_machine View Post
    Ive never been warned... no one told me, i found out the hard way
    man i feel bad for you you got ROYALLY ffacked by him. ive had my fair share of **** happen from him.

1) when i first started and got my first electro (ion) derrick tells me that my setup would be better if it had a drop. being the nice guy he is he sells me a 7" psychoballistics drop for 85$. i didnt know anybetter so i bought it.
    2) i eventually get to teching the ion i bought from him. go to change the dwell. OH FANTASTIC HE SOLD ME AN ION WITH A BROKEN BOARD AND THE BUTTON TO CHANGE THE DWELL WAS RUINED AND STRIPPED RIGHT FROM THE BOARD from derrick's 'fantastic' pre-teching skills. he tells me its 'under warranty.' 6 weeks, 50$ later, he tells me the wires were 'lost in shipping and there was nothing he could do"
    3) i order a fancy dandy dye jersey from him anothertime. he tells me he can get it all embroidered and ****, and thank god i tell him im not paying till i get it. i give him all my contact info so he can lmk when it gets in. still awaiting that call... except not cuz i went to pag anyways
    4) he rips my friend off on consignment of a spyder (by about 100$. ya it was a spyder but this was back in the day when they had a bit more integrity)
    5)another friend of mine was trying to get into paintball. they went to allsports before talking to me. they left the store horribly distraught at the massive pricetag of starting paintball. derrick tried to sell him the best of literally everything in the shop. tourney level stuff for someone who only needed a 98. i then referred him to pag.
    6) ive since gone back, for ****s and gigs, posing as a nubbie wanting into paintball just to see what hed do. i start asking him about phantoms. he tells me their a terrible marker and dont work and break all the time. (hmm. havnt had any problems with mine yet, yet the ion i bought from him has been put out to pasture...). he then quotes me a rediculously overpriced price. at this point i lose my composure and laugh out loud. he gives me a strange look, and i tell him i know a friend who can get me one for half of what he is asking. he tells me im a fool and that its impossible to get them that cheap. i laughed at him and left havnt gone back since haha hes not even good for ****s and gigs

Whoes Derrick?........

where is this allsports replay? never herd of it
    Last edited by Ben Tsang; 10-15-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Derrick is the "Only" Airsmith in edmonton, from what he has said and the person in charge of the paintball section in Allsports replay a used sports equipment store

i read a few of those storys earlier today (rays, and bottles)
    well heres mine. when i first got into paintball. i was told i ned an electric hopper. and i had done some very brief reading before acually going there, so i say. can i get a halo i hear there very good to which he sells no get this spyder fasta its better.

120$ hmm ok i supose that reasonable for an amzing hopper...so i take it....
    when come back my next trip with my nxt shocker. still fairly new to apintball i ask derrick what kinda of upgrades would be good. he says "get this hybrid shocker bolt guide" not knowing what exacly that was at the time im like umm so this will improve efficiency, accuracy and all around better preformance of the gun? " ya for sure, this is an amzing upgrade and we only have 1 left they dont make them anymore so itll be 60$

60$ to improve the entire gun? **** y not right?
    so of course i buy i, a little later im looking at both the bolt guides together. thinking hmm these look almsot the exact same i dont c how this improves anything. so i look into it.
    1)they do still make them
    2)you can get them in w. colour you want and dont have to settle for "the last one"
    3)theres litterally HALF the price
    4)they provide nothing extrato help the gun, the only it does is make it so you can take it off without an allen key, i play like once a week so its really not a big deal.
    so all and all i hate you derrick. and the only reason i went there was because "S.A.F." told me hes the "guru" of paintball and he knows everything. sry for sounding like a noob in this post. and for any spelling mistakes and anything along those lines. i hope someone will read this forum and realize NOT to take there buisness there. and go to any of te sponsors on this site.....

Semi-Frequent Member chris lasoya's Avatar
    maybe you guys should speak to the owner of Allsports if you are not satisfied.. Perhaps they can help you resolve the issues. As for using this forum to "bash" and even, "slander" someone is probably not in your best interest...

Its a complaint forum i can complain all i want, i can bash a guy who screws people over and he has slandered himself by being a moron

it's only slander if it's a lie.

He has not screwed me but he gives me the feeling like i'm talking to a used car salesman

Very True Chris. But we should be making the paintball population of edmonton aware of this situation. I've personally never bought anything from him. But I have met/talked with Derrick. He's a decent guy. But not everything he says he is.
    The fact of the matter is: Paintball is one of the most expensive sports around. Why spend more money than neccessary (on anything.) Ever. We need to educate ppl on the industry in edmonton. That's what this site is for. LETS EDUCATE THE ****ING PPL
    That being said. I'm not going to personally bash the guy or say anything that isn't true. Slander isn't a funny thing.

I havent said anything untrue, everything i said is true, slander is saying a lie, im not lying, he royally screwed me over and im ****ed about it, i dont take lightly to being screwed with.... People new to the sport need to be educated and not be tricked into spending even more money than needed, it pushes people away from playing if they think they will have to spend rediculous money in order to play, its unfair and im speaking out against it in the name of the sport

Semi-Frequent Member
    now thats a good post the truth finally comes out

ya i think people r over reacting here... hes a nice guy and all sure. but u think we should jsutkeep this in the dark and let more people needlessly suffer because of it? i dont really have anything againest him as a person but i am againest the way he runs a buisness.....