Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timmy OR DM

Timmy OR DM

Which kind of gun Do u like Timmys or DMs?
    Last edited by Zach; 04-23-2005 at 11:55 AM.
    Spruce Grove Militia #4

Both , super plus / minus for both guns .. i like em both

Yeah eithor or you can't go wrong.

But I'd say DM4/5/Proto's are like a 9.5/10 while Timmies are a 9.2/10

It's all about what gun YOU like. Not the gun other people like. Both the Timmy's and DM's are unbelivably fast, so It's all personal prefrence now.
    Ask your self and no one else.

I'm personally biased towards the DMs just cuz I have one and they feel more comfortable in my hands. I do think that Timmies in general are sexier looking but since there're more different Timmies out there the options are huge. But that's all preference. Both guns are wicked fast if you've got the fingers for it (unless you're talking about bounce and boards that ramp or have full auto, but then they're still wicked fast).
    In terms of options, you'll have way more with the Timmies. DMs, you have, the old boxy Matrix, DM4, DM5, Proto Matrix and Shocktech whereas with timmies there're more different bodies out there with than you'll have fingers to count them all (unless you're some kind of freak). So yeah...timmies have more models and more after market parts.
    Both are safe bets though especially in this part of the world cuz you're bound to know someone who can tech a DM or a Timmy.

I own a timmy so i waz just wondering wat other ppl pefer
    Spruce Grove Militia #4

hellspawn
    i prefer the timmy you actually have like room to hold it unlike the dm or matrix where you dont have much room up front to hold it like on the reg. plkus i prefer timmys cause i own one and love it...

i got a protomatrix and just sold my GZ Timmy. I like the Proto over the timmy. Though the difference isn't alll that much. If you got a choice of proto vs dm id go with proto, cheaper, pretty much the same. Though a lower resale value

i've always had a timmy and i've tried the dm's and it is a close call to say but like everyone else said it is up to u wich gun you get.
    Maximum Risk

dm's then timmys
    Proudly Sponsored By:
    Procaps, BUYPBL, KOHN laser Engraving

No no no...Ions and Trilogies, then DM's and Timmies.

I'd rather have a PM5 or a DM5 over a dm4, the dm4 grip frame is a bit to large for me.

Tigurius , according to the matrix centre PM5 is better than a DM4 .. plus on the Nation PM5's are sometimes going for more if a all stock NIB PM5 and DM4 were for sale on the NAtion i'd put money on the Proto being more expensive

They are both fast guns, but for looks i think timmys are the way to go.

if anything goes wrong with a timmy, they are easily fixable(most of the time). I'm pretty sure DM's are a bit more complicated. Thats my only deciding factor

maybe dm's are more complicated maybe they are not i have no idea i never have owned one but i do know they are build not to get broke it the first place

ok all these fools that are saying there is not much difference between the 2 are wrong.

Performance wise there is very little difference. The dms operate at a slightly lower pressure. and timmies require slightly less maintenance.(dm's operate at around 50 psi and have a million orings to be lubed, timmies operate at about 75 psi and don't need to be lubed nearly as often)
    HOWEVER. that being said they FEEL nothing alike. I personally love timmies. I love the way they feel and i will probably never buy a different kind of gun. dm's on the other hand i cannot shoot as well as i can a timmy. the gun itself is thicker and they are considerably heavier. Preference between dm's and timmies very's from person to person but that is a big huge difference between the 2 guns when it comes down to actually playing with one or the other. I can't shoot dm's because they don't feel right in my hands whereas timmies do.

Enemy-Within
    I'm With Matt On This One I Just Can't Shoot A Matrix The Way I Do Timmies (Wicked Fast)

Man Team Heat, that intro video on your website is pee eye emm pee

I sold my timmy because I liked the PM5/DM Better. Since PM5 and DM5 were $500 apart and they shoot the same I got the PM5 instead. I love it, though I wish they sold the stock DM5 feedneck with it.