Thread: Need some advice

Need some advice

Well so i started working at this company in Edmonton on a night shift.
    They want to train me on forklift so i could be the supervisor, how ever the hours suck, and working there is making me go insane. The staff is very immature and while they are at work they are doing drugs and drinking, which could lead to an accident of some kind. They are nice and all but man, they have NO work ethic.

I kinda want to quit and say nothing, or do i
    Stay there and tell management whats going on under there building. (could get my *** kicked) or
    Stay and say nothing and just chill and do no work also. (ethics do not apply out in edmonton)

Semi-Frequent Member
    sounds like you work for national oilwell

Semi-Frequent Member ambivalence's Avatar
    its up to you all jobs have those kinda ppl

the definition of every job ive had

Technical Administrator
    i value my work ethics over getting my arse kicked, hence why i can protect my self

In a supervisor position it is technically your responsibility... if there is a work place accident/you do not report it you may be responsible... legally ask a lawyer

Semi-Frequent Member
    To re-inforce what admin said, you can (and will) be held legally responsible for workplace injuries and/or death. If that kind of irresposible behaviour is being conducted on the job, to your knowledge, and someone is severly injured or is killed, you'd better believe your *** is in the sling.

People have been fined, jailed or both for things like that.

I'M going to start by saying "that's Edmonton" ..

Young ppl here in E-town have ZERO work ethic, I find. I also work with kids that "take a hoot" on breaks. I however am not responsible in any way shape or form for them, So let them do as they wish as long as the do there work.

As well I thought man these "Kids" don't do **** all day how do they not get in trouble. Then the boss came to me and asked why production had dropped since I had changed positions and the new guy was always working.
    He finally realized there star 5 year employee had been "humping the puppy" all this time.

It's just the way it is here because if you are fired they are left short handed, And they could have another job before they are even off the block.

$0.02 Deposited

Thanks for the Vent.